17th Annual Wine & Culinary Classic
Saturday, July 14, 2018 | 6 – 10:30 p.m.
Welcome to the 17th Annual Wine & Culinary Classic Auctions informational page. Stay tuned for a bounty of items that range from one-of-a-kind to once-in-a-lifetime, where you are sure to find the thing that you have always wished for.
Pay it Forward Auction for the Changing Exhibits Fund
Live Auction Catalogue
Advance Remote Bidding
Send your maximum bid to firstname.lastname@example.org by MIDNIGHT on July 13, 2018. Your maximum bid will be given confidentially to a museum staff person who will bid incrementally on your behalf up to your maximum bid amount. If you would like to participate in live bidding during the auction, your remote bidder will call you as your item is coming up for bid and attempt to win the item for you at the best price.
Conditions of Sale
- Upon entry or before the event, each guest will be given a bid number. To bid in the Live or Pay It Forward Auctions, simply hold up your bid number so the auctioneer or spotters can see it. To bid in the Silent Auction, write your bid number on the Silent Auction bid form.
- A bid acknowledged by the auctioneer is a legal contract to purchase the item in the Live Auction. Your bid is a legal contract to purchase if it is the last, highest bid, which is acceptable.
- Although information has been obtained from sources deemed reliable, the auctioneer makes no warranty or guarantee, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy of the information herein contained. Please take the opportunity to inspect items prior to the Auction. Statements by the auctioneer at time of sale will take precedence.
- 4. Auction purchasers and Pay It Forward Auction contributors may pay for their items and donations at the cashier table that opens at 10 p.m. Payment in full at the event is mandatory.
- Payment may be made by cash, personal check, or credit card (American Express, MasterCard, and Visa). Please make checks payable to Museum of the Rockies. Make payments to the cashiers located at the check-out table.
- In a split bid for an item, only one purchaser can be responsible for payment at the cashier table.
- All purchases are final.
- Arrangements for special events must be completed within one year of the auction, unless otherwise specified. Arrangements should be made directly with the lot sponsor. This information will be provided to you.
- Your payments may be tax-deductible for the part of your bid that is in excess of the fair market value of the item purchased.
- In the majority of cases, items sold at the Wine and Culinary Classic are donated by generous businesses and individuals. However, in certain cases, MOR may procure art objects or travel opportunities for fundraising purposes and then set minimum prices, disclosed as reserves during the auction and in printed or online materials.
- Under no circumstances will MOR employ “shill bidders” to escalate an auction item beyond the minimum bid allowance, if one is established.
Auction Item Pick-Up and Shipping
Sponsor Attendees: All auction items purchased by tonight’s Sponsors will be delivered to your home by MOR staff or by a delivery service within two weeks of the event. If you need to make special delivery arrangements, please contact Leslie Harrison, Events Manager, at 406-994-1998 or email@example.com.
Guest Attendees: Auction Items can be picked up at the museum weekdays beginning Tuesday, July 17, from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Delivery is available within Bozeman. Delivery outside of Bozeman is also available, but delivery charges apply. Shipping is available on all non-wine items, but all shipping costs are the responsibility of the purchaser. The museum will contact all successful bidders by July 30, 2018.