Did you know that Museum of the Rockies provides FREE ADMISSION and PARTIAL BUS REIMBURSEMENT to all Montana Schools?
School groups from across the state of Montana are admitted free of charge to Museum of the Rockies thanks to generous donations to the Opening Doors for Montana Schoolchildren Fund.
Museum of the Rockies is proud to host, on average, 15,000 school children each year. To be sure all students and teachers have an equal opportunity to engage with our unique exhibits, we require a minimum of three weeks advance notice to create an individualized itinerary that caters to your groups learning outcomes.
GO TO "VIEW FORM" AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO SUBMIT THE FIELD TRIP REQUEST FORM!
In the 2015-2016 school year, MOR hosted 8,770 schoolchildren and their teachers on field trips. Since then, in the past three school years, MOR now welcomes an average of 15,000 students and teachers annually.
To accommodate this growth, our Education team has added staff, streamlined reservation processes, added additional organizational tools on the day of field trips.
How does all this growth impact you as a Montana educator? To support our program growth, please note the following field trip program improvements.
Field Trip Requests
- NEW! Field trip requests must be made between the following dates:
- 2019-2020 School Year Field Trips: Requests must be submitted by April 1, 2020
- Summer 2020 Field Trips: Requests must be submitted between April 15 – August 15, 2020
- Schools are welcome to submit field trip requests up to one year in advance.
- MOR is implementing this new policy to support the 70% increase in school group visits in the past three years. Please note that all spring field trip requests must be submitted by April 1, 2020.
- All requests must be submitted online.
- Field trip requests must be submitted at least three weeks in advance.
- Our Education team will respond to all field trip requests within 2 business days.
- Please follow-up with our Education team if you do not hear from us within this timeframe. It is possible that we did not receive your request.
Field Trip Availability*
Museum of the Rockies welcomes schools to visit during the following dates:
- Monday, January 6 – Wednesday, June 10, 2020
*Guided tours and special programs have limited availability throughout the school year.
2019-2020 Guided Tours
Other Educational Opportunities:
- Taylor Planetarium: Schedule a Planetarium show that augments your curriculum! Most shows are 25 - 30 minutes long. Planetarium infomation and show options begin on page 14 of the School Program Guide.
- Self-Guided Tours: Self-guided tours give you the opportunity to lead your students through MOR’s exhibits. Allow time for your students to explore interactive exhibits independently or in small groups. Let us know which exhibits you wish to include during your visit.Changing Exhibits
- Permanent Exhibits
To contact the Education office or to request the 2019 - 2020 School Program Guide, please email email@example.com
We look forward to working with you!