PLAN YOUR VISIT
The COVID-19 global pandemic has left an indelible mark on lives and businesses. MOR is no exception. We are excited to welcome you back to engage with and explore our world-class exhibitions. The museum values the safety and health of our members, visitors, and staff, and we are following Gallatin County, Montana, and Federal COVID-19 operating policies and cleaning standards.
- Visitors and members are welcome. To guarantee access to the museum on a specific day, please make a reservation, as we have daily admission capacity.
- Please bring and wear a mask or face-covering. It will be required during your visit. Children under the age of five (5) and those who cannot physically remove a face covering without assistance, or those who have requested and received a necessary accommodation are not required to wear face coverings. All children between the ages of two and four, however, are strongly encouraged to wear a face covering.
- Please stay with your group and maintain six (6) feet of social distancing inside the museum.
- Upon entry to the museum and the museum store, please use the provided hand sanitizer. There will be numerous hand sanitizer stations located throughout the museum.
- Please note that if you don't feel well on the day of your visit, please contact us at 406.994.2251 to reschedule your visit.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. Your support for Museum of the Rockies is essential to continuing world-renowned research and collections, vital educational outreach programs, rich and varied exhibitions.
Hours and Admission
Please see below for MOR's one-day admission rate. Rates are subject to change at any time. Additional discounts are suspended while we are offering this reduced admission price.
Tickets are non-refundable.
Now – December 31, 2020*
The exhibition halls and Museum Store will be open daily from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The Taylor Planetarium will have multiple shows daily. Seating is limited and available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
The following remain temporarily closed or suspended: Martin Children’s Discovery Center, Hager Auditorium, Board and classrooms, tours, and events. We will open these areas and resume tours and events when it is safe to do so.
The Living History Farm is closed until next summer.
*Annual museum closures: Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, & New Year's Day. There will be a 3 p.m. early museum closure on December 24.
|MOR Members: Free
|Child Under age 5: Free
|Youth age 5 – 17: $7.50
|Senior age 65+: $11.50
|Adult age 18 – 64: $12.50
|Montana State University Students, Faculty, & Staff: $8 (with valid ID)
ADDITIONAL MUSEUM VISITATION INFORMATION
- View our school field trip options.
- As a member of a science center or museum participating in the ASTC Travel Passport Program, you are eligible for complimentary general admission for two adults, plus children or grandchildren under the age of 18. Please make your ASTC reservation via our online ticketing platform.
- Complimentary museum passes given out within the past three years, that display our alpha-numeric tracking code, and have not expired, can be redeemed on a walk-in basis. Previously issued complimentary passes that do not display our recently implemented alpha-numeric tracking code, or have expired, will no longer be accepted. Please show your valid complimentary pass upon arrival.
- For questions regarding an annual museum membership, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We greatly appreciated the continued patronage of our members.
- Food and beverages may not be consumed anywhere in the museum except for in the main lobby, lower lobby, and outside on the Bair Plaza. Snacks are available for purchase in the Museum Store. Vending machines are located in the lower lobby.
- Trained service animals are welcome in the museum while wearing the appropriate service animal vest or identifier. Pets are not allowed.
- Smoking is prohibited in and around the museum.
- Wheelchairs & Strollers
- We have manual wheelchairs available on a first-come, first-serve basis, and available at the front desk.
- Please bring your stroller to the museum. Double strollers can navigate through MOR.
- Parking is complimentary during regular business hours for museum visitors only. Overnight parking is prohibited. RV and Bus parking for museum visitors only is available on the east side of our parking lot or the overflow parking grassy area to the north of our parking lot if the east side parking lot is full. The overflow grassy parking area is not accessible when there is snow on the ground.
- Individuals with disabilities who would like to request accessibility accommodation are encouraged to send an email to email@example.com as far in advance as possible.
- Please do not bring backpacks or large bags into the museum. The museum does not store luggage for visitors.
- Photography & Videography
- The museum permits still and video photography for noncommercial use only in its exhibitions, unless otherwise posted. The use of tripods, monopods, and selfie sticks is not allowed at any time for the safety of our visitors and collections.
- Working members of the media, marketing agencies, freelancers, and others wishing to take still and video photography for commercial (non-personal) use must obtain prior permission from the museum’s Director of Marketing and must be escorted by a museum staff member while in the building.
- Notice: Visitors may be filmed, photographed, or recorded by the museum for educational and promotional uses, including for posting on the museum's website, social media platforms, and other marketing efforts.
- Facility Rental Requests are suspended until further notice.
- Group Visits
- MOR will follow the permissible maximum group guideline directives for large gatherings at the museum. All groups including large families, organized activities and programs, camps, clubs, and tour groups are required to make a reservation online to guarantee access to the museum.
- Group discounts are not available at this time.
- Starting June 1, 2020, groups of 50 or more people are suspended until further notice.